5 Secrets Of Keeping Your Life In Balance
Original article and image is taken from Time Managment Ninga by Craig Jarrow.
Today is going to be a balancing act. You will try to keep all the events in your daily life in check.
Yet, it feels like you could topple over at any moment. Will you be able to keep your life in balance today?
Living Off Balance
When things are off-balance, things feel out of control.
You feel like a juggler trying not to drop anything.
You don’t know which of your obligations could bring the whole day crashing down.
It’s not a fun feeling.
“Keeping life in balance is key to getting your work done without the stress of things toppling over.” (Tweet this Quote)
Does your daily life feel like it could topple over at any moment?
Balance Is the Key
We all have the same amount of time in our day.
And each of us has a limit to how much we can carry in our daily lives.
The keys are to keep things in check, know what you are carrying, and of course, keep things balanced.
Here are 5 Secrets to Keeping Your Daily Life In Balance:
- Defend Your Time – You don’t let people steal your money, but you let them take your time all day long. Sometimes you will need to put yourself first. Know when to say “No”. Defend your time with vigor because you don’t get more time later.
- Set Your Boundaries – To keep things in balance you need to have boundaries. Where does work end and life begin? Make sure you establish clear expectations as to where your boundaries are set.
- Make Timely Decisions – When you don’t make decisions, life backs up. Stress builds up. Make choices and move forward. A good decision now, always beats a perfect decision later.
- Protect Yourself from Overload – You can only carry so much. Without being kept in check, your obligation load will slowly grow until you don’t have enough time in your day. Make an obligation list and take inventory of your commitments. Only then will you know the true load you are carrying.
- Know Your Priorities – Decisions are easier when you know your priorities. When you have to pick between two things you should know which one takes precedence. You know which obligation to put first, and which task to drop in favor of something else.
Life is a Balancing Act
Make sure you preserve balance in your daily life.
When things are feeling off-center, it is time to stop and examine the load you are carrying.
Keeping things in balance feels good.
Maintain your balance and you won’t need to worry about things toppling over.