Repeat Until Happy?
When we say we’re holistic wealth advisors, we emphasize holistic.
We take the time to learn about you, your goals and your ideal life. We aren’t trained therapists. We have struggled with our own levels of happiness and have asked ourselves the same questions that may trouble you.
We’re interested in research on how we can increase our (and your) level of happiness. We make this issue an optional agenda item in our meetings with clients. In our written communications, we may reference this research and attach copies of relevant studies.
We understand that, while our genes play a role in determining our benchmark for being happy, we retain significant control over activities that can positively contribute to our happiness.
Here are some tips we’ve communicated to our clients (and implemented ourselves):
- Prioritize happiness by having a positive mindset.
- Work on making emotional connections with others.
- Practice empathy.
- Become a genuine listener by showing an interest in others.
- Experience the power of doing for others, through charitable work or making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate.
- Focus on experiences, rather than the accumulation of things. Is it a need or a want?
- Pursue your passions.
- Add “play” to your life.
- Look after your health, through diet and exercise.
- Consider the benefits of meditation.
Not all clients want to engage in this discussion. But, for those that do, we are available as a resource and, where required, a source of referrals to competent professionals.
At the Danielson Group, it’s not just about increasing your wealth. We want you to be genuinely happy with your life.